Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Clippers 4-0!?


For the first time in over two decades, the Los Angeles Clippers have started the season 4-0. This is quite the surprise considering I included the Clips in my preseason Bottom Five. Without Elton Brand in the lineup I didn't expect the Clippers to make much noise this season, but these first four games have turned that notion around.




Before we get too worked up about this start let's take a look at who the Clippers have played. They opened up with a "W" over Golden State, who look pretty dissappointing this season. Then they dispatched a pathetic Sonics team, before taking out the under-achieving Bulls in Chicago. Tonight's game against the previously 3-0 Pacers have been the Clippers only real test, and they beat O'neal and the boys in convincing fashion. In Indianapolis. By 15 points.


How long will the Clippers streak last? Their next test comes against a currently unbeaten Pistons team in Detroit. If the Clips can survive in Detroit, then they may be able to stretch their streak to 9 games. I see them taking care of Cleveland and the Knicks at home before rematching with the Warriors and Bulls (who have a combined win total of zero.) I don't see the Clippers going 10-0, however, as they play Denver, Phoenix and New Orleans in a span of four nights.


I'm most looking forward to their first meeting "at" the Lakers on December 16th. Based on my predictions, the Clippers should come into that game at 14-8 and the Lakers at 13-9. In no way am I forecasting a classic-in-the-making, I'm just happy at the prospect that both clubs won't be fighting for the title of "First to five wins" in LA.

No comments: